Join us in October for a knit a long.
Ambah X Halloween KAL 2021
Dates: October 1 – November 30, 2021.
How to participate:
- Knit Ambah’s 2021 Halloween Pattern – the Betwixt Shawl. (details below)
- Or choose any Ambah Pattern and knit it up with a Halloween kit (either DIY or specific yarnie Halloween kit)
- Cast on on October 1 and join us in the KAL Ravelry thread here, in Ambah’s Facebook group here and share on social media with #ambahXhalloween2021
- Complete your project by November 30 and post in the FO threads (either in the Ravelry or Facebook groups) (coming) to be entered into the FO prize draw.
- Amazing prizes up for grabs.
Let’s get chatting, head over to either group for pre-KAL chatter.
A shawl to keep you cosy when the veil between the two worlds is at its thinnest.
In honour of our place in the cycle of life and death, Betwixt features a floral mosaic pattern edged with delicate lace featuring a skull motif.
In the Northern hemisphere this time of Halloween reflects the darkening of days and the final harvest before winter sets in, whereas in the Southern Hemisphere Halloween falls as spring is bursting forth and our days are filled with light and new life.
Betwixt Shawl: Can be knit with either 3 x 100g fingering weight skeins or a 12 x 20g + 1 x 100g fingering weight mini set.
Betwixt Shawl (DK): The DK version has a simplified mosaic section and features the same Skull lace as the fingering weight. Can be knit with either 3 x 100g DK weight skeins or a 12 x 20g + 1 x 100g DK weight mini set. (Or use fingering weight held double as I did for my bright version)